Join us on our Journey Down Under!

We're an American family living in Australia, where everything seems a little bit turned-upside-down.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Picture Day

Today is Picture Day at the kid's school.  I don't know why it stresses me out.  I started stressing last night around bedtime.  I had it in my head that the kids needed to get to bed early because it was "Picture Day tomorrow!"  That in turn, stressed the kids out. 

We went to the closet to pick out their outfits so that we wouldn't be stressing about it in the morning.  That was fun!  McKinley has a new pact with herself never to wear pink, and "especially not on picture day!" while Everest just rolled around on the floor groaning about wearing "church clothes" to school. 

I explained to them that Mommy has to pay for the pictures whether they turn out good or not, and Grandma and Grandpa are going to hang them on their walls along with every other relative we send them to, and the pictures will forever be in their school Yearbooks.  If that didn't stress them out even more, then this next part may have...

I showed them a picuture of me on Picture Day in 6th Grade:



That did the trick.  We were all officially stressed out about Picture Day!  But not to worry, my kid's looked absolutely adorable when I dropped them at school.  McKinley even thanked me for helping her get ready.  What I think she meant was, "thank you for not making me wear an argyle sweater with a side pony tail on picture day!"

Hopefully the photographer got to them before lunch and P.E. Oh great, now I'm stressing again! ;)

~A

1 comment:

Christi said...

That picture is exactly how I remember you! Ha!
To make my header I used Picasa, and a tutorial I found on Clover Lane. That link is on my sidebar, and the tutorial link is on her sidebar.
Good luck! Although I think your current header is great!