Join us on our Journey Down Under!

We're an American family living in Australia, where everything seems a little bit turned-upside-down.


Sunday, November 11, 2012

Simple Scrapbook Paper Table Decorations

I was given the task of decorating 10 tables for a recent church event on a budget.  I had loads of scrapbook paper in my craft closet that I loved, but knew I would never getting around to using.  Here  are some pictures of the final product, along with a few tutorial pictures.  I think the tables came out beautifully!


Each table runner was easily made using 6 sheets of 12x12 (inch) scrapbook paper,  I taped them together in the back.


I cut strips of scrapbook paper and taped them around the napkins to make napkin rings.  I added a little verse to the front.

For the centrepieces, I used candles instead of flowers.  I bought a 5 pack of different sized candles at Ikea for about $10.  Again, I cut strips of scrapbook paper to wrap around the candles to coordinate with the table runners and napkin rings.


The end product was simple, elegant, and colorful!




This idea could be modified to fit any theme, from birthday parties, weddings, and holiday events.  Just use different paper patterns to match your theme.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the designs and colors of your scrapbook papers. I think it's great that you thought of using them to decorate the tables for your event.

Jake Grant