Join us on our Journey Down Under!

We're an American family living in Australia, where everything seems a little bit turned-upside-down.


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We're Back!

Today is Novemeber 16th.... I think.  That about sums up how crazy it has been around here!  We left for vacation almost 2 weeks ago and that's how long it will take me to catch up on this blog venture.  I am going to try and stretch out our amazing vacation pictures over a 10-day period, because that's how long we were gone.

We arrived home Saturday and our wheels have been spinning ever since.  Let's see, In & Out Burger first thing (check), unpack wet swimsuits from suitcases (check), capture the "Mexican" roach that stowed away in our luggage (check), complete two weeks worth of school work (check), laundry, and church.... You get the picture.  It has been nuts! 

On top of everything, Mark had shoulder surgery yesterday.  I could write an entire book about that adventure, but I will spare you.  I'll just sum it up by saying that a surgery center is no place for a one-year-old, screeching, crawling, active, hungry, baby.  Not to mention it was a nightmare getting my drugged up husband home. His doctor's office is over an hour and a half from where we live.  Here's the equation: tired baby + drugged up husband + my nightime driving ability + horrific traffic = one crazy woman!  Thankfully, Mark is feeling very little pain today, and I am able to give him a litte guilt trip while I nurse him back to good health. :)  He seems to be recovering very well so far. 

So, that's a little taste of what we've been up to around here.  Check back often for my back dated posts about our Cabo Trip!

~Alisha

No comments: