Join us on our Journey Down Under!

We're an American family living in Australia, where everything seems a little bit turned-upside-down.


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Falling Behind or Catching Up?

 I had the pleasure of going to bed at 8:30 p.m. last night.  It is 6:30 a.m. now, the kids are still asleep, the house is quiet, the coffee is made, so I am going to try and squeeze in a post. 

The past couple of days would not have allowed such a thing.  It would have been like squeezing in an unwelcome guest into a VW bug that was already too full, for a long road trip across the country, where the driver had not slept in days, everyone was hungry, and there was only enough time for potty breaks.  Yes, that's how hard it would have been.  So  I will have to catch you up!

The good news is we are going on a family vacation in just over a week.  I can barely imagine sleeping in a bed I don't have to make.  Eating meals I don't have to prepare.  Sitting around watching my kids play all day. The most pressing task will be waking up in time to save our favorite palapa on the beach, so we will have the best view of El Arco de Cabo San Lucas, and enough shade to sit there the entire day watching the waves.














Well, my time is up.  Kids are awake.  It's time to start our craziness around here.  It was fun while it lasted, daydreaming about vacation is a wonderful way to start the day!

~A

No comments: