Join us on our Journey Down Under!

We're an American family living in Australia, where everything seems a little bit turned-upside-down.


Friday, August 27, 2010

Crying It Out


Okay, who could resist this face?  That creamy, soft skin?  Those baby blue-greens?  Not this Mommy!  Following the advice of many friends I decided to give Crying It Out (CIO) a try.  Boy, did I fail miserably!  Needless to say, as soon as I was done snapping this shot, I promptly scooped him up, snuggled him to my breast, and nursed him to his heart's content.... and I savoured every last second. 

That being said, I am not getting proper sleep.  This little piranha is up sometimes 5 times a night to nurse.  I wake up in the morning feeling the same way I did when I was 12 years old and stayed up all night at a friend's slumber party.  I am exhausted!  But I know all too well that this time will pass all too quickly.  I'm going to blink my eyes, and before I know it, Hagen will be giving me a whole new set of reasons to lose sleep. 

How many times have you heard from someone whose kids are raised that they wish they would have cared a little less about some things and a little more about other things?  I think this is exactly what they were talking about.  What will I remember more?  How tired I was, or how it felt to rock my beloved, over tired, little baby boy?

Oops!  I did it again!  While I was writing this post, I rescued my baby from his crib to snuggle and nurse him.  It seems as if that has become a routine for us.  That's just the same as a "schedule" right?   So, thanks for all the encouragement fellow Mommies!  I'll count this as a failure in "CIO" technique, but a major success in the art of "Baby Scheduling"!

No comments: