Join us on our Journey Down Under!

We're an American family living in Australia, where everything seems a little bit turned-upside-down.


Monday, April 11, 2011

White Roses


I find these white rose bushes to be absolutely amazing.  They said hello to me when I pulled into my driveway this morning.  When everything else seemed tired and cranky, they were not.  They didn't seem to mind Monday morning after Spring Break at all. 

The thing I love most about these cheerful flowers is that they need absolutely nothing from me.  They are there purely for my pleasure and enjoyment. 

I love the way they cheer up our plain rectangular Southern Californian home. The house we pay much, much, too much to live in.  These roses remind me of one of the reasons why we do so. They shout to the world, "see what we can do without even trying!" 

That got me thinking of all the things I do everyday without even thinking about it.  Today, thanks to my white roses, I'm going to make sure those things are positive, and simply for the pleasure and enjoyment of others.

~A

No comments: