Join us on our Journey Down Under!

We're an American family living in Australia, where everything seems a little bit turned-upside-down.


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Preferred Parking in Mexico

Here is the first of many of our vacation photos.  I picked this one to show first, because it was so different from all the rest, and so different than anything I had seen before. 

We pulled up to the Walmart in our rented car, and there were several parking spots right up front with this sign!  Everest promptly pointed and called out, "Look! They have fat people parking in Mexico!"  Yes, his simple innocence made us laugh, but that wasn't the only reason I was smiling!  Anyone who has been pregnant before knows how wonderful a sign like this is.  Kudos to Mexico for recognizing the need, and for holding these precious woman in such high regard. 




I know Babies R Us has tried the same thing here in the States, but I could never seem to find an open spot when I was pregnant.  EVERYONE shopping at Babies R Us is expecting, so the signs don't really work there (in my opinion). 

Check back often, there are many more to come!
~A

No comments: