Join us on our Journey Down Under!

We're an American family living in Australia, where everything seems a little bit turned-upside-down.


Friday, September 10, 2010

The house that cleans Itelf...

That's right! I live in a house that cleans itself.  Well, it's supposed to.  I even read a book with that same title, "The House That Cleans Itself."  I devoured the entire book cover to cover in a couple of days.  I did everything the book said for me to do.  It was a wonderful book that included an easy to read format, humor, diagrams, and even scripture to keep me motivated. 

For days I walked around picking up wrappers, socks, dishes, shoes, etc., etc., saying, "this is NOT how the house that cleans itself is supposed to behave."  I would point out to my family that they had to pick up after themselves because we, "live in a house that cleans itself!"

Everest did as he was told and tried very hard to follow my new rules, but I heard him comment to my husband, "Dad, I don't get it... why do I have to pick my things up if the house can clean itself?"

Well, he had a very valid point.  Did I really think reading a book about keeping my house clean would work?  Would the same thing happen if I read an entire cookbook?  Would dinner appear on my table just like magic?  I guess I'm willing to find out.  Please send me your favorite family dinner recipes and/or the title of your favorite cookbook.  EASY and FAMILY FRIENDLY are the key words here!  I will let you know if it works!

No comments: